Monday 24 September 2012

Finished paper glove project



This is my finished paper piece. It connects to my theme because I took ideas of
shapes from mechanical images. When I made It I had to consider
what type of paper I would use for each part so I used card
For the main arm tube so it would support it and stay strong
and I used thinner paper for the spikes so that they were easier 
to fold and manipulate. I could develop it further by adding more 
objects like spikes to the glove.

This connects to the assessment objective AO2 because I developed ideas from
artists and other sources. Then I experimented with them by working out techniques 
for manipulating paper and finally I recorded my final ideas in my finished piece. 


The structure on the arm of this mech by Feng Zhu inspired me in this piece and I based my design on it. I took the shapes from the extending spikes on the shoulders of the mech and used them in my piece.
The sculpture was made to experiment with paper and see how it can be manipulated into body architecture. It was made by me and designed to fit my arm. The sculpture made at the
begining of term and was my first attempt at creating body architecture and manipulating
paper. I used paper in this scuplture. The function of the sculpture is to be worn but it serves
no purpose. It has a round cylinder shape and a curved shoulder plate.


1 comment:

  1. This was a really challenging design to make and you made it extremely well, thinking carefully about each area of construction.

    Can you now identify exactly which assessment objects this relates to and discuss how you came up with ideas in more depth. Include too what you had to consider when making using paper?

    ReplyDelete