Sunday 7 October 2012

Head architecture research


Millinery


Avant Garde Section 
Feixia Zha

I chose this piece of head architecture because 
liked the curved structure of the hat. This influences
me because it gives me new ideas of how I can
create different types of structures by overlapping 
them and making a whole new shape.

Armani Prive

I chose this piece of millinery because I liked how the artist
uses lots of small bits of metal to make it look like hair.
This influences me because it gives me ideas on how 
I can use lots of small objects together to form 
some kind of shape or structure  

Open Section Example
Sean Purucker

I chose this artist's design because I like the shape
and pattern on the head piece. This Influences me because 
it gives me ideas on how I can shape my structures
and what patterns I can use on it. I also like this picture because
it links to the paper glove I made because of the similar arm
structure.


Recycled


I chose this design because I like how the artist arranged
the pieces of metal and how it weaves in with the metal
wire. This influences me because it gives me ideas on how
I can arrange materials in my work and create patterns
like the artist did above.




Val Hunt

I chose this image because I liked how the artist manipulated the
drink cans to form a piece of head architecture. This influences me because
it gives me ideas on how I can manipulate materials in my work.

Cultural















I chose this image of a Medival helmet because it is cultural
and looks like a mechanical object because of its metal appearance,
screws and air holes/vents like I used in my soap sculpture
and my paper glove. This influences me because it gives me
ideas on how I can link cultural head architecture to my theme.

   










I chose this image of a copper diving helmet because it gives me
ideas on what types of holes I should use in my design and how much of
my face I should reveal in my head architecture.



I chose this cultural mask image because it gives me ideas on
how I can link my head architecture to the structure of an
actual human face and manipulate the features of it. 

1 comment:

  1. To develop some of your comments it would be good to perhaps make some samples of areas you have identified from the artist’s work e.g. bottle top weave.

    ReplyDelete